There is a risk for an infection after any surgical procedure.
Red Flag symptoms include:
- Fever (Temperature greater than 101 degrees).
- Greenish discharge (from wound) (s).
- Increasing Pain, Redness with swelling of a wound site, increased warmth of the skin near a wound. An odor from the wound and/or a prolonged lack of energy.
- Use Hibliclens prior to Liposuction. Stop smoking for 4 weeks prior.
- Avoid shaving area scheduled for treatment.
- Keep incisions clean and dry (avoid soaking in a bath tub, swimming in a pool).
- Avoid touching open wounds with your bare hands.
- Do not scratch your wounds and take your antibiotic as instructed by Dr. Hennessy.