PAL (Power Assisted Liposuction) is a modern and updated version of the traditional liposuction. It utilizes a power-assisted cannula that gently vibrates to suction out loosened fat from the body. The process is easier for both the surgeon and the patient.
- Some bruising and swelling are expected after the procedure, which subsides after a few weeks. Patients are advised to rest for a few days before resuming routine activities.
- Experiencing higher degrees of pain is rare, and medications are suggested if the case need be by the doctor.
- Absorbent pads and compression garments are to be worn by the patient for several weeks after the surgery.
- Vigorous exercises and certain positions such as sitting on a desk or driving for long distances must be avoided for a few weeks.
- The post-op recovery is different for every patient, and the doctor gives personalized instructions to each patient. Generally, the scars fade away over several months.